A lovely variation on a cheese sandwich!
Port Salut Panini with an Apricot & Walnut Topping!
- A handful of dried, chopped apricots
- A few chopped walnuts
- 4 slices of focaccia or ciabatta bread
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing the panino pan
- 2 slices Port Salut natural cheese slices
- Chopped radishes, to garnish
- Cut the focaccia in half and brush the outside of the bread with olive oil.
- Place a slice of Port Salut cheese on the bottom half of the panino, and then sprinkle the chopped apricots on top
- Close the sandwich with the top half of the focaccia.
- Preheat a panini grill, sandwich maker or heat a griddle pan over medium heat. Drizzle with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Grill the panini until the cheese melts and the bread is crisp and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Cut the panini in half, sprinkle with chopped walnuts and serve.
- Enjoy this easy snack recipe with friends!