A French appetizer straight from the Med!
Mediterranean Ciabatta with Port Salut
- 1 Port Salut wedge
- 1 part-baked Ciabatta
- 1 small aubergine
- 30ml olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 15ml freshly chopped oregano
- 1 small red & 1 small yellow pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/ 400ºF/ Gas Mark 6.
- Cut both the ciabatta and aubergine into 8 slices. Arrange on a baking tray. Mix together the oil, oregano and black pepper and brush both sides of the bread and aubergine slices (skin sides especially).
- Cut the peppers in half. Remove the seeds and place on the baking tray.
- Bake the ciabatta, aubergine and peppers in the oven for 15-20 minutes, removing the ciabatta and aubergines after 5-8 minutes when lightly browned.
- When the peppers are charred peel off the skins and slice thinly.
- Cut the Port Salut into 8 slices and arrange 1 slice on each ciabatta toast with pepper strips and aubergine slices. Brush with more oregano oil.
- Return to the oven for 1 minute to warm and melt the Port Salut. Remove and arrange on a serving plate.