A Classic French Pork dish enhanced with Port Salut!
Porc de Tante Charlotte with Port Salut
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green apple, cored, quartered and sliced
- 8 large fresh sage leaves, torn
- 4 pork loin steaks
- 185g Port Salut wedge, cut into 8 slices
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened. Add apple and sage leaves and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, to soften.
- Meanwhile, season and grill pork steaks for 4-5 minutes each side.
- Arrange 2 slices of cheese on each pork steak and pile the apple mixture on top. Return to grill for 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve with mash and salad or green vegetables.