An easy cheese recipe to bring some panache to your panini!
Port Salut Panini with Celery
- 60ml mayonnaise
- 2 sticks celery, washed & wiped dry with kitchen towel
- 4 slices of focaccia, ciabatta or white bread
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing the panini pan
- 2 slices Port Salut natural cheese
- Chopped fresh basil, to garnish
- Chop the celery sticks and a little basil finely and stir into the mayonnaise.
- Cut the focaccia in half and brush the outside of the bread with olive oil.
- Place a slice of Port Salut cheese on the bottom half of the panini, and then spread the celery mayonnaise onto it.
- Sprinkle on a little of the chopped basil.
- Close the sandwich with the top half of the focaccia.
- Preheat a panini grill, sandwich maker or heat a griddle pan over medium heat. Drizzle with olive oil to prevent sticking. Grill the panini until the cheese melts and the bread is crisp and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Cut the panini in half and serve.