A French appetizer straight from the Med!
- 1 Port Salut wedge
- 1 part-baked Ciabatta
- 1 small aubergine
- 30ml olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 15ml freshly chopped oregano
- 1 small red & 1 small yellow pepper
Makes 8 bites
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/ 400ºF/ Gas Mark 6.
2. Cut both the ciabatta and aubergine into 8 slices. Arrange on a baking tray. Mix together the oil, oregano and black pepper and brush both sides of the bread and aubergine slices (skin sides especially).
3. Cut the peppers in half. Remove the seeds and place on the baking tray.
4. Bake the ciabatta, aubergine and peppers in the oven for 15-20 minutes, removing the ciabatta and aubergines after 5-8 minutes when lightly browned.
5. When the peppers are charred peel off the skins and slice thinly.
6. Cut the Port Salut into 8 slices and arrange 1 slice on each ciabatta toast with pepper strips and aubergine slices. Brush with more oregano oil.
7. Return to the oven for 1 minute to warm and melt the Port Salut. Remove and arrange on a serving plate.