A lovely variation on a cheese sandwich!
- A handful of dried, chopped apricots
- A few chopped walnuts
- 4 slices of focaccia or ciabatta bread
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing the panino pan
- 2 slices Port Salut natural cheese slices
- Chopped radishes, to garnish
Makes 2 panini
1. Cut the focaccia in half and brush the outside of the bread with olive oil.
2. Place a slice of Port Salut cheese on the bottom half of the panino, and then sprinkle the chopped apricots on top.
3. Close the sandwich with the top half of the focaccia.
4. Preheat a panini grill, sandwich maker or heat a griddle pan over medium heat. Drizzle with olive oil to prevent sticking.
5. Grill the panini until the cheese melts and the bread is crisp and golden, about 5 minutes.
4). Cut the panini in half, sprinkle with chopped walnuts and serve.
Enjoy this easy snack recipe with friends!