Canape, appetizer – or even a mini snack…this easy recipe is a winner for any occasion!
- 8 white bread slices
- 2 packs Port Salut Original Slices
- 1/4 jar sweet piquant peppers
- 24 pancetta slices
- 24 cocktail sticks
- Olive oil, for brushing
Makes 24 rolls
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high. Cut the crusts off the bread and, using a rolling pin, flatten each slice. Cut each slice into 3 strips. Then cut the Port Salut slices in half and place them on top of each bread strip.
2. Halve the peppers and place one half at the end of each strip. Starting from the pepper end, roll each strip up to form a neat roll.
3. Wrap a pancetta slice around each roll and secure with a cocktail stick.
4. Brush the rolls with olive oil and pop under the grill until crisp and golden, turning once. Garnish with parsley and serve.